How to Create an Exit-Intent Popup
Exit-intent popups are popups that appear when a user is about to leave a webpage. They can be a powerful tool for retaining visitors, capturing leads, and increasing conversions. In this document, we will walk you through the steps to create an effective exit-intent popup.
Behavior Across Devices
Before diving into the steps, it's essential to note that exit-intent popups behave differently depending on the platform:
- Desktop: The popup will appear when the user intends to exit the webpage.
- Mobile: The popup is hardcoded to appear 60 seconds after the page has loaded.
The 60-second delay provides enough time for a visitor to engage with your content, but not so much time that you miss the opportunity to capture their information or make a special offer.
Why Use an Exit-Intent Popup?
Capture Last-Minute Attention
When a visitor is about to leave your site, an exit-intent popup can capture their attention and potentially convert them into a subscriber or customer.
Lower Bounce Rate
A well-crafted popup can engage visitors and persuade them to stay on your website, thereby reducing the bounce rate.
Obtain Customer Insights
Popups can be used to collect feedback from visitors, offering valuable data that can be used for future site improvements.
Creating an Exit-Intent Popup on Our Platform
Step 1: Access Your Popups
- Sidebar Navigation: Navigate to 'Popups & Forms' and then choose 'Popups'.
Step 2: Create Popup
- Click on the 'Create Popup' button.
- A popup will appear with two options: 'Pick From Library' and 'Create From Scratch'.
- Choose your preferred option; for this guide, we'll select 'Create From Scratch'.
Step 3: Fill in Details
Enter the 'Name of Popup'.
Click the 'Open Popup Editor' button.
A popup editor will open where you can design your popup. Once done, click 'Save'.
Click the close icon at the top left corner to go back.
Step 4: Configure Settings
- In the same interface, select 'Discount Code' from the dropdown.
- Choose the email subscriber list from 'Which list should subscribers be added to?' dropdown.
- Click 'Save and Continue'.
Step 5: Set Display Settings
- Scroll down to the 'Display Settings' section.
- Select 'Loading Delay' by clicking its radio box.
- Then, in the delay options, choose 'Show when visitor is exiting the page'.
Step 6: Save Your Settings
- Scroll down and click the 'Save' button to finalize your exit-intent popup.
Your exit-intent popup is now ready to capture leads and engage visitors as they're about to leave your website.
Updated on: 05/09/2023